||Makeup NVQ L 3
||Hair & Beauty NVQ Courses
|Part-time / Full-time
||You required to have a previous Level 2 NVQ qualification in Make-up.
||This course provides excellent training in professional make-up skills up to bridal and ‘special occasion’ level and leads to industry recognised qualifications. This course is ideal for:
- Those wishing to work freelance doing bridal make-overs
- Those wishing to work in a retail environment, selling make-up, advising on skincare and make-up
- Those wishing to start a career in professional make-up and want to see if (a) they like it and (b) they are talented enough to pursue such a career
- Those wishing to progress on to more advanced make-up course and need a foundation to start from
|What will I learn?
||Units you will study include:
- Media makeup (special effects)
- Camouflage makeup
- Fashion and photographic makeup
- Apply prosthetic makeup
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Style and fit postiche (facial hair and hairpieces)
- Apply airbrush makeup to the face
- Style and dress hair using a variety of techniques
- Monitor and maintain health and safety in the salon
- Body painting
- How to fit and look after wigs
Equipment and resources
You will need to purchase a uniform, cosmetic makeup kit, theatrical makeup kit and eye treatments kit. You will also need access to your own camera and be responsible for developing/printing photographs as evidence for your portfolio. Full details will be provided on enrolment.
Progression and career opportunities
On successful completion you will be qualified to work as a makeup artist in industries like television, theatre, salons and cosmetic companies. Many makeup artists are self-employed and have the opportunity to apply their skills to other events like weddings.
||As on a fast track training programme student is required to complete home study assignments and it is essential to work on clients in a realistic salon environment. While you are on NVQ training with us we do offer volunteer work experience for students to gain professional competency.
||Unlike other institutes we offer completely interest free installment plan, there is only one payable fee which can be spread into monthly installments. Minimum 25 deposit required to hold your place.
However, full payment must be received before completion of the course.