|What will I learn?
||The Make-up NVQ Level 2 course includes:
Skin Analysis, Skin preparation: Cleansing, Toning, Moisturising, Exfoliating, Working with different face shapes, Working with different skin colours, Product awareness, Good hygiene techniques, Colour correcting, The colour wheel, Highlighting & shading, Concealing, Selection and application of correct foundation colour, Blending of make-up, Application of eye make-up, Client consultation techniques, Full course notes are provided.
The Make-up NVQ Level 3 course includes:
Media makeup (special effects)
- Camouflage makeup
- Fashion and photographic makeup
- Apply prosthetic makeup
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Style and fit postiche (facial hair and hairpieces)
- Apply airbrush makeup to the face
- Style and dress hair using a variety of technique
- Monitor and maintain health and safety in the salon
- Body painting
- How to fit and look after wigs
Equipment and resources
You will need to purchase a uniform, cosmetic makeup kit, theatrical makeup kit and eye treatments kit. You will also need access to your own camera and be responsible for developing/printing photographs as evidence for your portfolio. Full details will be provided on enrolment.
Progression and career opportunities
On successful completion you will be qualified to work as a makeup artist in industries like television, theatre, salons and cosmetic companies. Many makeup artists are self-employed and have the opportunity to apply their skills to other events like weddings.