||Barbering NVQ Level 2
||Hair & Beauty NVQ Courses
|Part-time / Full-time
||No previous experience is necessary to complete our Barbering NVQ Level 2. It is a requirement for a uniform to be worn
||At Institute of Dermal Sciences we provide a NVQ Level 2 in Barbering for anyone who is interested in a career in cutting and styling men’s/boy’s hair. This course is designed for well motivated people who are looking for a new career in the hairdressing industry.
At Institute of Dermal Sciences you will have the chance to learn in a practical environment that will prepare you for the world of work of further education? You will also have the opportunity to work in our professional salon, which are open to staff and the public for hair and beauty treatments.
A Level 2 (NVQ) Diploma in Barbering is an industry recognized qualification that is valued by employers and is seen as a route onto Higher Education.
|What will I learn?
- Give Customers a positive impression
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- GH14 Perm and Neutralise Hair
- Change Men’s’ Hair Colour
- Create Basic Patterns in Hair
- Shampoo, Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
- Dry and Finish Men’s Hair
- Cut Facial Hair to Shape Using basic technique
- Cut hair using basic barbering techniques
- Advise and consult with clients
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health & safety
||As on a fast track training programme student is required to complete home study assignments and it is essential to work on clients in a realistic salon environment. While you are on NVQ training with us we do offer volunteer work experience for students to gain professional competency.
||Unlike other institutes we offer completely interest free installment plan, there is only one payable fee which can be spread into monthly installments. Minimum 25 deposit required to hold your place.
However, full payment must be received before completion of the course.